Work with data
The following shows an example of using an external web API service to fetch images and display them in the UI. The shown procedure includes these steps:
- Get data from a web API service in the form of a frame.
- Retrieve the image URL from the frame.
- Bind the Image component's URL and Opacity properties to data in the spreadsheet to display a user's avatar on the page.
- Bind the repeater of the Avatar Holder box to the cell under Response. Use the AUTO and down direction to use all the cells going downward until a blank cell is encountered.
- Fill the formulas down into the cells below.
As a result, five different avatars are displayed on the page.
The following video shows an example of data manipulation that includes the following steps:
- Create a flow that sets up connection to an external SQL database.
- Get data from the database using the flow function.
- Display the data in the chart by binding the chart's properties to data in the nested spreadsheet.